SCIF Procurement 101: Our Seven Step Process Towards Acquiring a SCIF
I receive numerous phone calls requesting a quote on a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Most potential customers want to acquire either a portable, modular SCIF or a SCIF space for their company or government unit. The problem is that they only have a minimal amount of information that pertains to their project. Actually, it’s not a problem, but a challenge. Look at the SCIF acquisition as if you’re purchasing a highly technical vehicle. You can either go with a basic manual five-speed model or start upgrading toward that Cadillac. Having guided many customers through the process, we can definitely help you define your requirements. Don’t have a copy of the latest ICD 705 Tech Specs? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to forward you a copy.
SCIF Procurement POA&M
Here is a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for the procurement of a SCIF.
- We will forward a questionnaire to you to determine your specific needs.
- We will evaluate your project and submit a budgetary ROM.
- Once the formal solicitation is open for bid, we will submit our Fixed Price Proposal in accordance with the your formal Statement of Work.
- Once you award the contract, we will have a kick-off meeting with your personnel. This meeting should include your main POC or Project Manager and the appropriate electrical, IT, and IDS experts, if applicable.
- We will then submit the initial 75% design drawings for your team’s review.
- Once the design is signed-off and accepted, depending upon the size and scope of the project, our 90-150 day clock starts for the installation of your SCIF or SAPF product.
- We’ll schedule delivery, installation, and final turn-over of the SCIF or SAPF to you. We’ll also provide all supporting documentation to help with the SCIF or SAPF accreditation process.
We recognize that there are fiscal challenges facing the Federal government, the DOD, and numerous government contracting agencies. SCIF Global is eager to work with customers to define cost-effective solutions. We are committed to eliminating unnecessary expenses to ensure a disciplined use of resources. We continue to drive affordability throughout our products without compromising innovation, quality, or on-time delivery. Our customers can attest to the fact that we deliver on-time and within budget in compliance with their exact requirements.
Finally, and most importantly, we are dedicated to helping support the warfighters in the field. With our motto “Results. Not Excuses,” rest assured that we’ll be with you every step of the way.